AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, December 26, 2011

Here comes 2012!

Don't know about you but I can't believe we are more than 12 years past the year 2000. Recently I have been watching a channel that I discovered call antennae tv - here in Delaware County comcast cable it is channel 252. I had no idea the channel was viewable until one day while looking to see what was on I noticed there was a Maude episode on 252 the antennae channel. Clicked on it and there was Maude and then there's Maude, anything but compromising right on Maude!

Maude episode brought back memories of the 1970's and then there was an episode the Partidge Family. Funny I had just seen Shirley Jones on an episode of Raising Hope and I swear she looks just as young and healthy in 2011 that she did in 1971.

Time sure flies. I think the realization that we are 12 years since 2000 also hit home this September when many of the children born to those who passed on 9/11 were interviewed and seemed so grown up and yet said they don't remember what happened because they were babies.

Along those same lines I think how will these 12 year olds remember history? As a child of the 70's and 80's most of us remember it from television shows. With television being mostly reality shows and the age of technology with the internet it will be fascinating in about 30 years to see how those who are 42 will speak of 9/11, what will remind them of that horrific tragedy. Right now we have books, movies and even museums to help us with remembering WW2 and events after that but how with more recent events be remembered once the baby boomers have passed on.

What do you think about this? Do you think technology will have an effect on way we remember history?

No comments:

Post a Comment