What is Transitioning Care?This specialized care helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers can provide includes the following:
- support of the care plan to aid the recovery process
- assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- incidental transportation for follow-up visits
- peace of mind for family and friends
- communication with the medical team as needed.
All too often folks are released from hospital with good intentions of following discharge instructions and staying out of the hospital but the reality is when a person is getting to go home all that person wants is to go home. There is great deal of information to process upon discharge and if the person I elderly he or she might need some assistance post hospitalization with following up with doctor appointments and other instructions given.